Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Technology Systems Specialist - CGCS - Internal Candidates Only
The Technology Systems Specialist is responsible for managing the various recruiting, admissions, retention, and business applications of the College in support of recruitment, admissions, and student services. The Technology Systems Specialist updates, troubleshoots, and trains staff on all systems; serves as the point of contact and liaison between staff and SAAS providers; and facilitates system and database integration, upgrades, and maintenance, as appropriate.
1. Understand CGCS functional and technical processes in recruitment, admissions, and student services to ensure best-practice use of technology systems.
2. Build and maintain currency of business rules, codes, validation tables, and reports.
3. Act as first-tier support for all CGCS staff utilizing the systems (e.g., Hobson’s Connect; Hobson’s Apply Yourself; Hobson’s Retain; Hyland’s OnBase; Leepfrog’s CourseLeaf).
4. New user set up, training, and troubleshooting.
5. Upgrade testing.
6. Process improvement for the various functions associated with system use.
7. Create documentation for all processes; define systems use standards.
8. Coordinate with third-party vendors, SAAS providers, and Norwich IT for integration of data, reporting, access.
9. Engage the broader user community and participate in at least one user conference per year, as funding permits.
1. Minimum of five years experience with technology systems such as Banner, OnBase, Apply Yourself.
2. Excellent customer services skills.
3. Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
4. Excellent people skills.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
CGCS Technology Specialist Search, via email: email@example.com.
April 24, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)