Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Marketing Coordinator - College of Graduate & Continuing Studies
The Marketing Coordinator works under the Director of Marketing & Research and the Director
of Business Partners and is responsible for the management and coordination of marketing and partnership activities that increase enrollment in CGCS degree programs, promote continuing education opportunities, and those activities that occur during the annual Residency Conference.
1. Implement marketing and partner campaigns by working with members of the marketing team to prepare e-blasts, marketing copy, flyers, etc.; plan and organize presentations.
2. Work with current CGCS vendors and identify potential new vendors to obtain estimates, manage projects and perform quality control on deliverables (e.g., print and digital ads, brochures, promotional items, etc.).
3. Prepare purchase orders, track and monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual costs with plans and forecasts.
4. Keep promotional materials up-to-date by coordinating requirements; inventorying stock; placing orders; etc.
5. Edit and/or write content for the website such as featured stories, alumni stories (i.e., NU Results entries), Accolades abstracts, partner entries, etc.
6. Under the direction of the Director of Business Partnerships, serve as a liaison to partner and member organizations, and as needed, attend events, conduct outreach, track contact, etc.
7. Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
1. Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising.
2. Assist in the creation and implementation of Cvent event communications, reports, etc.
3. As needed, plan meetings, education fairs and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing.
4. Provide additional support to the CGCS Web and Marketing Managers, as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in communication, English, business, journalism, or related discipline.
2. Strong writing skills.
3. 1-2 years work, internship, or volunteer experience in a marketing, writing or editing role. Must show portfolio of writing and/or marketing samples in the interview process.
4. Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Graphic design skills a plus.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Ability to function as a team-player in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Marketing Coordinator Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 22, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)