Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Associate Registrar - CGCS
Performs a wide variety of duties in administrative support of the Registrar and direct leadership of all Registrar Office functions required by the CGCS location and programs. This position will supervise academic assistants as they are added at the CGCS with the student growth of the colleges
programs. This position will reside at the CGCS location 4 days a week and one day in the Main Campus Registrar’s Office.
• Primary attention is to the overall Registrar’s Office coordination of service to the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies
• Office’s “Customer Service” for the CGCS for Staff, faculty, students, and alumni
• Coordinates end of the semester processing for all CGCS programs, all grading and historic updating
• Business Process Analysis and updating of office processing documentation used by CGCS
• Make office procedural recommendations needed at CGCS, concerning Academic Records to the Registrar
• Participate in discussion concerning decision making strategies for the efficient running of the CGCS office and the implementation of new initiatives whether from the university itself or external agencies
• Attend conference and training sessions to keep current on FERPA, Student Banner, AACRAO, University Academic Policies, US Immigration and Naturalization Service Rules, federal financial aid attendance verification and other appropriate Federal, State and University regulations and legislation.
• Participate in decision making then assist in creation of report parameters appropriate for CGCS enrollment, student status, and graduation reports, thus documents pertaining to student records and to the Registrar’s office
• Coordinate and manage the CGCS operational activities relating to the recording of student academic data, to include operational activities relating to course and program coding in the Banner and related software systems
• To work in tandem with the Associate Registrar of Academic Records to oversee and coordinate CGCS catalog and update procedures for approved content
• Oversee the auditing and maintenance of CGCS student records
• Implement and interpret to the staff, the University community and external agencies where requested policies, regulations and procedures relevant to the academic record process
• Oversee verification of student enrollment, interpretation of student academic status and ensure that appropriate information concerning student records is transmitted to the National Clearing House
• Responsible for all CGCS veterans attending reporting/certification & coordinate with other staff for VA audits
• Monitor SEVIS notices and visa status on CGCS international students
• IPEDS Data collection for the CGCS programs
• Assist the main office with external data collection surveys and 100% data report
• Degree evaluations for certification of degrees and programs
• Production of CGCS diplomas, coordination of Registrar’s Office responsibilities connect to the CGCS graduation and annual Residency Conference
• Use of strong analytical, organizational, writing and communication skills
• Use of/working knowledge of higher education Ellucian Banner database administration to serve as a Banner SuperUser
• Will directly supervise any Academic Assistants hired at the CGCS site as their student population grows
Four year degree related to computerized management, (such as but not limited to Management Information Systems) with 5 years of experience with relational databases, preferably Ellucian Banner, in multiple student modules, or ten plus years of relational database experience. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite of software programs is required. This position also requires a solid understanding of FERPA, National Student Clearinghouse, and document imaging with workflows. Needs to have the ability to work in a fast—paced, business professional team environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Associate Registrar Search, via email: email@example.com.
April 22, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)