Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Payroll Coordinator will process all payroll activities and functions to ensure accurate and timely multi state payrolls for 1000+ employees. This includes, but is not limited to, administrative duties involving the development and maintenance of payroll systems and records, day-to-day payroll processing operations, and related accounting entries using ADP payroll software.
• Process multiple payrolls with varied pay frequencies using ADP Software.
• Audit all payroll changes and resolve any discrepancies.
• Research and resolve questions from manager and employees and as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as accrued benefits, time balance, time and labor, banking, garnishments, and tax reporting.
• Assist in preparation of various tax filings.
• Review accuracy of W-2's.
• Remain current and ensure compliance on applicable State and Federal regulations.
• Support garnishment and audit requests and other regulatory requests as required.
• Maintain and update payroll manual to include instruction for all facets of the payroll functions.
• Maintain written step by step guidelines of the entire payroll submission process.
• Create ad hoc reports as requested by management.
• Oversees storage and maintenance of payroll records.
• Provides training and managerial oversight of payroll administration, policies, and procedures as appropriate to HR staff, managers, supervisors, and employees.
• Provides training on E-Time as necessary.
• Supervise Payroll Assistant.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong knowledge of accounting and payroll principles.
• Strong analytical skills, outstanding organizational skills, and superb attention to detail are a must.
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with internal employee issues - respect for confidentiality essential.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment.
• Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Advanced Excel experience.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience or equivalent work experience in payroll administration.
• Experience with ADP PCPW; ADP Time and attendance/Enterprise e-Time are strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Human Resources and accounting processes.
• Project management experience.
• Supervisory experience.
• Multi-state payroll experience preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Payroll Coordinator Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 19, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)