Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Associate Director of Admissions
The Office of Admissions seeks a qualified individual to join our team in recruiting students for Norwich University, a diverse academic institution and America’s first private military college. The job entails a number of functions including management of lead/prospect cultivation, strategic goal development and analysis, direct supervision of a student call center, conducting briefings on the college application process, interviewing prospective students and families, as well as preparing admissions applications for review. The position assists in the development of communication and marketing strategies for the lead and prospect stages of the admissions funnel motivating students to application. The position also provides direct support to all in-house admissions functions to include open houses, overnight visitation experiences, special events, and arrival days.
• Cultivation of leads/prospective students to application.
• Application management to include gathering information for incomplete files and preparing completed applications.
• Supervise a student call center to include staffing, training and evaluating student callers working with prospective students and families. Supervision of the student call center will be evenings and weekend hours.
• Develop and manage strategic goals and benchmarks in the lead/prospect/application stages of the admissions funnel.
• Provide strategic analysis of the lead/prospect stage of the admissions funnel to include regular reporting, ad-hoc reporting and a strategic implementation plan.
• Represent the university at on-campus events including information sessions, student/family interviews, open houses, “NU Experiences”, special events, arrival days, etc.
• Execute travel related to special events on-campus to include travel to and from the airport, etc.
A Bachelor’s degree and preferred 3+ years of Admissions/Recruitment experience, strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral), presentation experience, sales/marketing skills, ability to multi-task and the ability to work as a member of a team in a fast paced environment. Prior supervisory experience a plus. The successful candidate will be energetic, flexible and must be able to work evenings and weekends. Military experience, military school experience or ROTC experience(s) a plus, but not required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Associate Director of Admissions Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 2, 2014
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)