Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Director of the Bicentennial Campaign & Celebrations - Search reopened
The Director is responsible for the creation, planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of special campaign-related projects, events, and celebrations in support of Norwich University’s
Capital campaign and 200th anniversary celebrations leading up to 2019
This position will have budget responsibility and will also provide management oversight for two Associate Directors responsible for ongoing complex donor relationships, including Norwich’s donor recognition society (Partridge Society), stewardship of scholarship fund donors, and donor recognition events. In addition, this position will require frequent direct contact with vendors, donors, prospects, and volunteers, as well as collaboration with faculty and staff throughout the university (e.g. academics, student life, athletics, administration, facilities, etc).
• Conceive and produce all capital campaign-specific events, bicentennial celebrations, and commemorative items.
• Recruit, develop, manage and support volunteer event committees - this is a key component, and experience developing large event committees is a must.
• Create and implement ticket and sponsorship sales strategies
• Develop and produce high-quality event materials
• Seek underwriting, in-kind donations, and auction items
• Network with key constituents including alumni, parents, friends and other stakeholders.
• Maintain efficient record-keeping systems, including databases, budget, etc.
• Oversee all administrative functions of events
• Manage and coordinate all direct marketing and PR
Required qualifications include: bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, communications, or a closely related field; and a minimum of five years of professional experience in event production, volunteer committee development, marketing, higher education or non-profit/business administration. In addition, candidates must have a demonstrated ability to achieve goals by working collaboratively with a variety of constituents; excellent oral and written communication skills; and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends to attend these nationwide special events. Preference will be given to professionals having supervisory experience and experience using Raiser’s Edge software for events planning. Excellent Microsoft Office skills are required.
To assist us in selecting the Director of the Bicentennial Campaign and Celebrations, please address the following questions via your cover letter:
1. Describe your experience creating, designing and managing special projects, such as developing commemorative items and signature events for high-profile internal and external constituents.
2. Describe your experience working in a complex operational environment and how success was achieved within resource constraints.
3. Please provide professional writing samples.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Bicentennial Campaign Director Search, via email: email@example.com.
Jan. 17, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)