Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Director of Creative Services
The Office of Communications is responsible for informing and engaging diverse internal and external constituencies, and raising the public profile of Norwich University. The Director of Creative Services is key to this mission. Ensuring compliance and consistency of the University’s brand identity, the Director of Creative Services is responsible for the creative direction and production of publications and other materials that support the strategic direction of the University. This position reports to the Director of Integrated Marketing & Communications and supervises a creative team including a staff photographer and graphic designer.
• Oversee art direction for all University publications and provide insight from concept to delivery.
• Develop production schedules and zealously ensure the highest quality output, delivered on time, within budget and without error.
• Serve as the senior in-house graphic designer.
• Supervise staff photographer and graphic designer, and manage freelance contributors, as needed.
• Conduct weekly status meetings to prioritize projects and communicate critical information to relevant team members.
• Provide innovative thinking to ensure the University's aesthetic remains fresh, modern and relevant to its audiences.
• Create, document and communicate all Creative Services processes and operating procedures to the Norwich community.
• Manage print jobs including vendor selection, cost negotiations, pre-press uploading PDFs to ftp sites, color proof approvals, on-site approval and press checks, and post-production back-up, storage and project review.
The Director of Creative Services must be a dedicated, motivated team leader, invested in raising the bar for Communications at Norwich University. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five year’s experience as a production artist, as well as managing creative workflow and staff. He/she must have a demonstrated history of positive interpersonal skills, an ability to juggle multiple demands, meet deadlines, and problem solving with aplomb. Expertise in graphic design is required and proficiency in the latest versions of graphic design software, including but not limited to advanced Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign, is expected. Bachelors degree, BFA or equivalent in design and communication, is preferred. Exemplifying Norwich University’s guiding values of respect, integrity and accountability is essential.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Creative Services Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct. 18, 2012
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)