Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Budget Analyst - 30 hours per week
The Budget Analyst is responsible for building, managing, and reporting on the budget for the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies (CGCS) with focused attention on financial performance, analysis, and forecasting.
1. Build, manage, and perform routine maintenance on the approved budget.
2. Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual budget analysis and prepare financial reports.
3. Update and maintain the approved budget and budget forecasts based on quarterly enrollment changes.
4. Conduct cost-benefit, ROI, and break-even analyses and assessments
5. Build proforma program budgets with multiple futures scenarios.
6. Design and build process models and monitoring systems.
7. Prepare financial reports and summaries for the Dean’s Report to the Trustees.
8. Manage financial tracking and reporting associated with CGCS grant awards.
9. Make recommendations on tuition, various operating costs, and areas for cost reductions and efficiencies.
10. Verify the accuracy of all accounting codes and work in conjunction with the CGCS staff and University’s financial affairs staff as appropriate to ensure training occurs and accuracy improves.
11. Work in collaboration with HR and other university departments who require information directly from CGCS regarding budget line items and/or budget areas.
12. This position will have access to confidential information and must be able to demonstrate the highest levels of discretion, professionalism, and decorum.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting, master’s degree preferred.
2. Three years experience in similar position; higher education experience preferred.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
5. Comfortable using and building formulas, look-ups, and pivot tables in MS Excel.
6. Experience with relational, enterprise or financial database systems; experience with Ellucian’s Banner application preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Budget Analyst Search, via email: email@example.com.
Oct. 18, 2012
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)