Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Windows SharePoint Portal Administrator/Developer
This position works within the Department of Administrative Computing and reports to the Director of Information Technology Services. The primary responsibilities of the SharePoint Portal Administrator is to maintain the University intranet/extranet portal from an overall environment management perspective and maintain server administration. Secondary duties will include, but are not be limited to, assisting the University’s Document Imaging (OnBase) administrator to include assisting with projects, applications, and server administration.
The SharePoint Administrator provides installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, business continuity (disaster recovery), and general support/troubleshooting of the University SharePoint portal (sites and sub-sites) and its necessary components. This will include, but is not limited to, SharePoint, SQL Server, Active Directory, MS Office Server, MS BizTalk Server and OnBase backup support.
• Provide day-to-day administration and support for the Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server and the Windows SharePoint Services for extranet and intranet environments.
• Perform typical administrative activities such as troubleshooting, backup and restore, site creation, and end-user problem resolution.
• Support InfoPath forms integrated with SharePoint which will occasionally involve .NET code and/or MS SQL server.
• Develop policies, procedures, and guidelines for SharePoint usage.
• Work with other IT team members and business customers on SharePoint projects.
• Assist University users in the creation and management of their team sites.
• Assist in developing the strategy for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools, such as Onbase, within the organization.
• Assist in the design/development of a business continuity plan for the University portal.
• Preferably, candidates will have at least 3-5 years of experience developing object-oriented software solutions using Microsoft .NET technologies. Candidates must be proficient with Visual Basic, .NET, C++, ASP.Net, XML, IIS and SQL Server 2000?.
• Experience with SharePoint portal server, Content Management Server, Microsoft BizTalk Server or Business Intelligence experience is a plus.
• B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of Microsoft product administration experience (Active Directory, IIS, SQL Server, and Windows Server 2003?).
• 2+ years of administration experience with SharePoint Server, Windows SharePoint Services and Onbase serve administration preferred.
• 2+ years website development/programming experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft SharePoint Server and Windows SharePoint Services applications.
• Knowledge of integrating enterprise content with SharePoint Server to include: content indexing, search scopes, personalization and restricting access to content.
• Microsoft Visual Studio .NET experience preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS) is a plus.
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills including oral, and written presentation of ideas.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and highly-communicative team environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
SharePoint Administrator Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep. 12, 2012
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)