Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Instructional Developer - Internal Candidates Only
Come join our team! Collaborate with course developers and program directors in the design and development of online courses and the production of web-based interactive simulations, course materials and multimedia. Adapt new technologies and develop applications for online delivery. Conduct webcasts for training and troubleshooting.
1. Assists in the design, planning, development and implementation of online instruction.
2. Consults with subject matter experts and staff to identify instructional development needs; provides direction and guidance to structure content delivery, assessments development and media selection to support student learning.
3. Provides computer-assisted editing to create instructional materials.
4. Provides training on ANGEL and Moodle, or similar technology, to faculty and staff.
5. Interacts with subject matter experts to build online course content within the learning management system
6. Provides training to course developers and instructors for technology needs.
7. Conducts webcasts, teleconferences
8. Keeps up to date with new software products that will enhance online/hybrid instruction.
9. Supports quality assurance for online courses by advising course developers/subject matter experts of available technologies to make course materials “state-of-the-art”.
Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years experience in areas related to instructional design or instructional technology; Master's degree desirable. One year or more experience working with e-learning applications or course management systems. Familiarity with university-level curricula and instructional methods. Experience in the design, development and deployment of distance learning materials using Internet technologies. Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in online instructional design. Experience creating Web-based, interactive instructional materials. Proven ability to effectively manage projects. Experience with HTML,CSS web programming, , XML, authoring tools, scripting languages, and hardware and software for multimedia and digital images. Teaching experience (either-K-12 or higher education) preferred. Experience working with subject matter experts in an educational setting preferred. Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills and the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment with deadlines required.
• Knowledge of instructional design, educational technology, instructional technology, adult education or related discipline
• Experience in course design, course development, and instructional technology are required
• Demonstrated knowledge of theories, models and best practices in online instructional design
• Ability to apply current instructional technologies that effectively support student-learning outcomes
• Extensive and successful record of working with faculty in higher education on academic technology projects preferred.
• Skills with web technologies, scripting languages, and a wide range of hardware and software – HTML, XHTML, CSS required
• Demonstrated ability to create efficient, effective and engaging online instruction
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work within strict timelines for project delivery
• Experience with learning management systems – Blackboard ANGEL and Moodle
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Instructional Developer Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 25, 2012
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)