The Committee consists of one member selected from each Division (excluding National Services). The Coordinator is an ex-officio member of the Committee. At the May meeting, the Committee elects a Chair.
Committee functions include:
- making decisions and publishing limits on allocations for Faculty Development Activity Grants, Research and Publication Grants, Curriculum Development Projects, Division Grants, and the Book Fund;
- making recommendations to the VPAA and Dean of the Faculty on Independent Study Leaves, Charles A. Dana and Curriculum Development Fellowships, and Charles A. Dana Category I Grants;
- supporting On-Campus Activities and the Charles A. Dana Lecture Series;
- selecting the Board of Fellows Faculty Development Prize recipient(s);
- disseminating guidelines to faculty concerning the application process for funding opportunities through the Faculty Development Program.