- Chair, elected from among the voting members of the committee;
- One faculty member from each academic division;
- One representative from university libraries;
- Chief Information Officer (ex-officio).
- The committee shall serve as the liaison between the Chief Information Officer and the heads of Schools or Departments represented by the committee;
- The committee shall advise the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the faculty Senate on policy issues related to academic computing and instructional technology;
- The committee shall review and advise on the Information Technology strategic plan;
- The Committee shall establish criteria and provisions to guide the distribution of equipment and technology;
- The committee shall provide feedback to the CIO on operational policies of Computer Services as they affect academic computing and instruction;
- The committee shall identify training needs and support the development of programs that adequately address those needs; and
- The committee shall make recommendations to Computer Services concerning the identification and implementation of new computing and instructional technologies.
As a standing committee of the Faculty Senate, the Committee on Academic Technology reports directly to that body through oral and written reports, including an annual year-end summary of the committee’s work.