Hurricane Safety Precautions
Unless specifically informed otherwise, all class and work schedules will be maintained. All students, staff and faculty should plan accordingly (i.e. allow for extra travel time).
Dog River Run held Sunday, Aug. 28 as scheduled 9:53 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011
Staff/faculty marchers rally at Jackman Hall lobby at 8 a.m Sunday, Aug. 28.
All NU events scheduled to being after noon Sunday, Aug. 28 through 7:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 29 are cancelled 4:58 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26, 2011
From 5 p.m. Sunday to 7 a.m. Monday all students are urged to stay in their rooms, in their barracks and residence halls with their windows closed and not leave their barracks or residence hall except to go to dinner. We anticipate unsafe conditions at this time. Do not travel on the Upper Parade. All students are urged to travel on the fire roads away from the trees on the UP. All students are urged to remain away from downed trees, power lines, etc.
In anticipation of foul weather produced by Hurricane Irene all NU events, scheduled to begin after noon on Sunday through 7:30 a.m. on Monday are cancelled.
All students: classes commence 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 29, Oath Ceremony follows Convocation Tuesday, Aug. 30
- Classes commence at 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 29. There are no NU chapel Services on Sunday evening, Aug. 28.
- The Oath Ceremony and following alumni event will take place during Convocation on Tuesday, Aug. 30.
- The Oath Ceremony will be streamed and is accessible here.
- Returning students are reminded to travel back to campus as early as possible and to not wait until the last minute on Sunday, Aug. 28. Norwich is prepared to in-process returning students beginning today, Friday Aug. 25.
Cadets: First formation 7:45 a.m. Monday, Aug. 29; Dog River Run time TBA; Rook calls home begin 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30
- The first formation is 7:45 a.m. Monday, Aug. 29. There is no Monday AM PT or earlier formations or training.
- A decision about whether the Dog River Run will proceed on Sunday will be made by 9 a.m. tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 27). The Dog River Run will either be on Sunday, Aug. 28 at its normally scheduled time or TBD during Labor Day Weekend.
- Sunday, Aug. 28 telephone calls for the Rooks to call home will now be Sunday beginning at 1 p.m. in lieu of Sunday evening.
Norwich Community: if you can’t access my.norwich.edu, check the Hurricane Safety Precautions site for current information
- For those with my.norwich accounts, current information will be posted there. Should you lose access to my.norwich, the same information will be posted here on the Hurricane Safety Precautions site.
- Urgent emergency information will be broadcasted via the “RAVE” NU Emergency Broadcast System.
- Storm major effects will be felt in central Vermont from Sunday, Aug. 28 late afternoon thru Monday, Aug. 29 at 7 p.m.. Unsafe high winds and driving rain are anticipated. Power losses, downed trees and local flooding will be the norm.
- As of now we anticipate there will be classes on Monday, Aug 29. If classes are cancelled or delayed they will be announced via my.norwich.edu, the Hurricane Safety Precautions site and via the NU Emergency Communications “RAVE” system.
- The infirmary will be operational throughout the weekend.
- The Dining Hall will be operational for a three-meal schedule on Saturday and Sunday and regularly scheduled breakfast, lunch and dinner on Monday.
Early return of upperclassmen students 3:21 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 24, 2011
Due to the potential impact of Hurricane Irene on east coast travel over the next several days, Norwich is prepared to allow upperclassmen scheduled to return on Saturday or Sunday to report back on Friday at their choice.
Upperclassmen in-processing will be open Friday through Monday, Aug. 26-29, 2011, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Wise Campus Center. Report to the Wise Campus Center Bookstore/Mill Lobby for mandatory in-processing.
BG Kelley, VPSA