Saturday, May 11 at 2:00 p.m.
Shapiro Field House
Doors open at 12:00 p.m.
ROTC JOINT COMMISSIONING
Sunday, May 12 at 9:00 a.m.
Shapiro Field House
Doors open at 8:00 a.m.
We request all graduates and guests to respect the following campus-wide policies with regards to our venues and grounds:
- No food or drink is permitted in Shapiro Field House with the exception of water and baby food/formula.
- Per Vermont state law and Norwich University policy, absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted on campus grounds outside of Partridge Pub in the Wise Campus Center or catered events such as the Senior Dinner. Anyone violating this code will be removed from campus.
- Pets are not permitted in ceremony venues and many parking areas are not shaded. Service animals are permitted.
- Umbrellas are permitted inside ceremony venues, but must remain closed at all times.
- Strollers are not permitted in the aisles or within seating areas of Shapiro Field House. Please park strollers along the back wall of the building.
Tickets are numbered and correspond to individual seats in reserved seating areas. Ushers will be available to assist guests in locating their seats. Tickets must be presented for access to reserved seating areas.
Limited, non-ticketed seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis when venue doors open.
Note: At the close of the Commencement ceremony, Norwich Artillery Battery will fire a Pack Howitzer cannon outside the venue. For guests with noise sensitivities, please consider reserving seats on the right side of the venue away from the main doors.
Accessibility & Special Needs
Ceremony Viewing Options
A live webcast of Commencement, Joint Commissioning, and Army Commissioning ceremonies will be available for family and friends unable to attend in person.
May 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Joint Commissioning Ceremony
May 12, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time
Army Commissioning Ceremony
May 12, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time
DVD videos of all weekend ceremonies, including the U.S. Air Force and Naval Commissioning ceremonies, will be available for purchase here.
Dress Code & Decorum
While Commencement and Commissioning ceremonies have no official dress code, we encourage families and guests to dress in a manner appropriate to the ceremonies. Many of our guests dress business casual.
During Commencement, guests are encouraged to hold their applause until all graduates walk across the stage to allow everyone’s name to be heard. Please be respectful to all of our students.
Official graduation portraits will be taken to the left of the stage, directly after graduates receive their diplomas. Both senior and graduate portraits are available for order directly from Gray School Portraits.
Some guests take this opportunity to congratulate their graduates up close and snap a candid photo. We ask that guests remain in the roped area dedicated for this purpose and respect all venue and security signage.