Cadet$Cash is a debit account that utilizes a Norwich University ID card. With a Cadet$Cash account, students, faculty and staff are able to make purchases using prepaid funds on and off campus.
The Cadet$Cash Advantage
Both Cadet$Cash and a student's meal plan are accessible through the ID card, so there are no extra cards to carry. If lost or stolen, the card will be disabled as soon as the loss is reported to the Cadet$Cash Office or security.
A Cadet$Cash account also helps parents develop a budget and set up a deposit schedule. Best of all, parents can get money to students quickly and easily:
- Deposit online using a MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express card.
- Deposit by mail. Mail a check to the Cadet$Card Office.
- Deposits are accepted at the Cadet$Card Office in the Wise Campus Center, Room 228.
- View your Cadet$Cash account balance and spending information online anytime.
Where is Cadet$Cash accepted?
Your Cadet$Cash is accepted at many locations around campus and off-campus, including more than 100 locations in the Burlington area—Cadet$Cash is accepted wherever UVM, Champlain College, and St. Michael's College student/staff cards are accepted.
Is there a fee?
Opening a Cadet$Cash account is free and there are no monthly or annual fees. There are fees for:
- Replacement of a damaged or broken card: $5*
- New picture: $15
- Lost card: $15
- Worn, faded picture, name change or lifestyle change: No charge**
- Closing fee: $10
* Current card must be surrendered to receive a new card at the replacement price. If the current card is not returned, the lost card fee will apply.
** Legal documentation of a name change must be provided.
How do I open a Cadet$Cash account?
Fill out an application form. Mail it to the Cadet$Card Office or bring it in, along with your initial deposit in cash, check or credit card.