International payments option
Norwich University is working with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students an alternative method for paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
Advantages of using this new payment method include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote by accessing the Western Union international student payment portal on the Norwich University website.
- You can pay your tuition and fees in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to U.S. Dollars.
- There are NO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Norwich University, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks’ retail rates.
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to Norwich University ensuring timely posting, typically two to five business days from the time you initiate the payment.
Steps to make a payment
Step 1: Initiate your payment quote online
- Go to the Western Union international student payment portal.
- Enter your student details (Student ID, Name, Email).
- Enter the amount due in U.S. Dollars.
- Choose your currency type.*
- A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.
- Agree to the payment amount and accept terms and conditions.
- Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 2.
Step 2: Transfer funds to Western Union
- The payment instructions will tell you how to transfer funds through your personal bank or online.
- If you have your bank send the funds to Western Union, be sure that they send your reference number
Step 3: Western Union does the rest!
- Using your reference number, Western Union will transfer your funds into your Norwich University account.
- This usually takes two to five business days after your local bank initiates payment to Western Union.
* If your local currency is not available, please select an alternative currency or U.S. Dollar option. You will receive all of the benefits listed above including no banking charges from Norwich University or Western Union Business Solutions, quicker posting of payment to student account, and fully referenced payments.