Norwich University participates in the Federal Direct Loan Program. Federal loans include Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans and Federal Direct PLUS Loans.
Please review your Norwich Financial Aid award letter for your qualification amounts. For more information visit studentaid.ed.gov.
If you completed a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling previously, you will not need to do so again.
Forgot Your Login?
Visit fsaid.ed.gov and click "Edit My FSA ID."
To be eligible for Federal Direct Loans, please complete Steps 1 & 2 below:
Step 1: Federal Direct Student Loan Master Promissory Note
- Go to www.studentloans.gov and log in with your FSA ID (used to sign your FAFSA).
- Forgot your login? Visit fsaid.ed.gov and click "Edit My FSA ID".
- Select "Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)".
- Select "Start" next to MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans. Follow the prompts to complete the MPN and submit.
- Norwich University will receive notification within 1-2 business days after the MPN has been completed.
Step 2: Federal Direct Student Loan Entrance Counseling Session
- Go to www.studentloans.gov and log in with your FSA ID.
- Select "Complete Loan Counseling (Enterance, Financial Awareness, Exit)"
- Select "Start" next to Entrance Counseling. Follow the prompts to complete the counseling and submit. Select Norwich University as School to Notify.
- Select "undergraduate" as your Student Type
- Norwich University will receive notification within 1-2 business days after the Entrance Counseling has been completed.
Declining Federal Direct Student Loans
If you were awarded a Federal Direct Student Loan and want to decline all or part of your loan (unsubsidized, subsidized, or both), log onto NetPartner to update and manage your award(s).