- Our labs are available to all students.
- Students have access to Office365 including email, internet, printing, library systems, and discipline-specific applications.
Provided to Students Upon Arrival
- Wired (one active port per student) and Wireless access. Norwich recommends the use of wired network access while in the dorm.
Personal Computer (PC) / Macintosh (Mac) Desktop/Laptop Minimum Requirements
- Wireless access/Ethernet cable. Norwich recommends each student bring an Ethernet cable with them to campus for use in the dorms.
- USB drives to store and transport data. We do provide access to Offic365, and OneDrive, but it is always a good idea to back-up.
- Printer-USB or locally attached printers only-wireless personal printing is not available.
- Contact major for specific software/hardware requirements.
- Windows 7 or higher – (PC).
- Mac OS 10.08 (Mountain Lion) or higher – (Mac).
- 2.0 GHz processor or equivalent.
- Minimum 8GB of RAM (RAM is a good investment and can significantly improve response time and computer output.) Norwich recommends 16GB of RAM.
- 120 GB hard drive (Norwich recommends regularly backing up important data to an external source, such as OneDrive).
- Online portal for students and faculty. This is the central hub for all information once you are on campus.
- Library catalog search.
- Password/usernames sent to students upon acceptance. Please bring account sheets to Norwich.
- Helpdesk – Agents are available by phone every weekday from 7am to 5pm. The Help Desk door is open from 8:00AM until 4:30PM.
- NUCERT – Student Computer Repair Center (Free Service):
- Hardware/software support (limited hardware services available-varies based on the situation).
- Open weekdays from 2:00PM until 5:00PM, staffed by students.
- Phone: (802) 485-2456 or toll free at 866-248-3853