Future Leader Camp
FLC is open to both male and female students who will enter the 10th, 11th or 12th grade upon completion of camp. Applicants should possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 and meet other physical requirements.
A complete application includes:
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript
- A list of all academic, leadership, extracurricular, school & community activities & accomplishments (on a separate piece of paper).
- A $25 non-refundable application fee
- A letter of recommendation addressing the applicant’s academic abilities and leadership potential. Applicants should seek recommendations from guidance counselors, teachers, coaches, ministers, employers or troop leaders.
- Medical Release & Waiver
- Health Acknowledgement Form; can send a current signed physical that does not expire before the end of camp in place of the doctor’s signature
You can download the application and all forms below. Completed packets should be mailed to:
Future Leader Camp
27 I.D. White Avenue
Northfield, VT 05663
Secure your spot
When your application is approved, you will receive a letter of acceptance, travel liability form and a packing list. A non-refundable $250 deposit is required to reserve your room and order uniforms. Both the deposit and travel liability form should be returned as soon as possible. If traveling by air, train or bus, please include an actual copy of your itinerary. The application fee and deposit are included in the total cost of the camp.
Apply early to secure your spot!
Norwich University is a non-profit organization. Our programs are priced to cover actual expenses. Therefore, we cannot offer scholarships or financial aid.
If you really want to attend FLC, here are some suggestions that have worked for other participants, families, units and high schools:
- Ask school officials to fund part or all of the tuition
- Contact local organizations such as the American Legion
- Conduct fundraisers with fellow students and families
- Ask your unit commander to contact area business leaders
- Earn the money with a part-time job