Norwich University boasts a diverse student population. A few facts:
Where our students come from
- Annually, 51 to 55 percent of students come from states outside of New England.
- The top 10 states that send students to Norwich (in order from 1 to 10): Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maine, California and Texas (tie), Pennsylvania and Florida.
- Twenty different countries are represented among the student body.
Two distinct leadership paths
- Sixty percent of the student body is in the Corps of Cadets.
- Fifty-eight percent of our cadets commission into the armed services each year.
- Commuter students make up 17 percent of the student population.
Incoming student data
- On average, Norwich receives about 3,500 applications each year. We have a 56 percent acceptance rate.
- For an incoming student, the average grade point average is 3.2.
- For an incoming student, the average SAT score (critical reading/math combined) is about 1,100. The average ACT composite score is 24.
- Norwich plays at the NCAA Division III level
- Eighty-seven percent of incoming students are former high-school athletes.
- Eighty-five percent of Norwich’s varsity athletic teams go on to postseason play.