- File tax returns as early as possible
- FAFSA application available to file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Use the most accurate tax information available.
- Contact your State Grant Agency regarding state grant application procedures and deadlines.
- Within 1–6 weeks after submitting the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report. If corrections are necessary, log on to www.fafsa.ed.gov to make corrections
*Priority deadline for filing the FAFSA is March 1.
The office of Student Financial Planning will begin to receive information for students who have completed the FAFSA.
Returning students who have submitted the FAFSA and are selected for verification will be asked to submit required documents. Watch for the request for missing documentation. These students will not be awarded until all required documents have been received. (This notification will be sent after the FAFSA has been completed).
Once the financial aid process is complete, student will receive:
- Financial Aid Award letter and other forms
- Student Award Acceptance Form
- Request for missing documentation
- Review the award you receive and return the Award Acceptance Form and other required documents.
- For up-to-date forms, visit Student Financial Planning Forms.
- The $250 deposit is required in order to secure a space in the fall class and start the registration process. The deposit is due no later than April 1st for returning students and May 1st for new students.
- Contact Student Financial Planning with questions or to discuss alternative financing options not mentioned in the award letter such as private education loans.
- Additional information is available on the Bursar’s website regarding the following:
- How to sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan
- Setting up authorized users/payers
- NU Pay
- Medical Insurance Waiver
- Remittance Form
- Secure alternative financing, if applicable.
- Make sure all required forms have been submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
Complete online if applicable:
- Federal Loan exit counseling
- Master Promissory Note
- Due date for the fall payment is July 22, 2013.
- Respond to the student ebill to avoid late fees by returning the Remittance Form with payment.
- All financial aid funds are applied to the student’s account in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Look for monthly statement in NU Pay, primarily for confirmation of payments and/or charges, including financial aid disbursements.
Note: Pending/estimated aid cannot/will not disburse prior to the start of the semester.
- Due date for the spring payment is December 9, 2013. In November, watch for student bill with spring semester charges in NU Pay.