Reserving the Multi-Purpose Room
The Kreitzberg Library Multi-Purpose room is available to interested groups who need this space for library bibliographic instruction, meetings, conferences, special class sessions or sponsored social gatherings. If the room is not reserved, students may use the room for individual or group study. The Multi-Purpose room seats up to 40 people comfortably depending on the set-up. Bookings may be restricted during the academic year to accommodate academic priorities.
Room reservations must be made with the library Office Manager at 485.2070. If the office manager is a away, you will be directed to a member of the library staff for assistance. Exceptions to the policy must go through the Office Manager when the reservations are made.
The following are basic guidelines for the scheduling and use of the Multi-Purpose room:
- The Multi-Purpose room is only available when the library is open.
- Individuals and/or groups directly associated with Norwich University will have scheduling priority for the use of this room. Scheduling will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. A contact person’s name and telephone number are required for scheduling purposes.
- Student groups requesting to reserve the room must have a faculty advisor. It is requested that the faculty advisor remain on premises for the duration of the scheduled event/class.
- Individuals and/or groups outside the University may call to inquire about availability and to schedule the room. Scheduling will operate on a first-come, first-served basis after Norwich University needs are met. The administrative assistant may deny requests for bookings that may be disruptive or incompatible with routine library operations. A contact person’s name, telephone number, and mailing address are required for scheduling purposes.
- No fee will be charged for the use of the Multi-Purpose room. The booking party is responsible for any fees incurred due to damage to the room or due to failing to clean up any food mess.
Room Set-Up/Clean up:
- If a special setup is required, the booking party is responsible for contacting the Norwich University Facilities Operations to make appropriate arrangements, 485.2149. Library staff cannot do special room set ups. There may be a fee associated with a special room set up and it is the responsibilty of the booking party to pay this fee. Or, the booking party may make arrangements to do their own room set up.
- The Multi-Purpose room is to be left in a clean condition after use. Any damage related repair or cleaning charges will be paid by the booking party. If a special setup is done by the Norwich University facilities staff, then it is the responsibility of the booking party to make sure the setup is torn down by NU facilities. Any fees associated with this are the responsibility of the booking party. Or, the booking party may make arrangements to tear down their own set up.
- Trash recepticles must be checked and emptied, if necessary, upon leaving the Multi-Purpose room.
Food and Beverage:
- If food services by Sodexho (485.2297) are required, the booking party must make those arrangements.
- The following audio/visual equipment is housed and available for use at no charge: LCD projector, overhead projector, screen, easels/pads, chalkboard, podium, TV/VCR/DVD. Please notify us if you need any of this equipment when you reserve the room.
- There is a telephone jack in the Multi-Purpose room, but the booking party must reserve a telephone or speaker phone from the ITS Department. Any rental fees will be paid by the booking party.
- The Multi-Purpose room also has the following amenities: limited kitchen facilities (sink, counter space, cupboards, microwave), handicap accessible bathroom, 12 long tables, 60 upholstered, stackable chairs, several upholstered chairs, and two coat racks. The room can be darkened for audio/visual presentations.
- There are no phones available in the library for outside calls. Guests should also be aware that cellular phone users may not be able to send or receive calls inside the library.
- The library and Multi-Purpose room are not air conditioned.
- Guests should be informed to keep the noise level at a minimum when entering or exiting the Multi-Purpose room in order to maintain a quiet atmosphere that is respectful of patrons working in the library.
- The Kreitzberg Library is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- Library staff is not responsible for taking or delivering messages for guests using the Multi-Purpose room.
- The library is not responsible for lost items.
Questions or comments about the library website? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.