- Tom Blood
- Borrowing privileges
- Renewing library materials
- Loan periods
- Overdue fines
- Circulating materials
- Non-circulating materials
- Requests for items that are
“checked out” (Hold requests)
- Requests for items at other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
A Norwich University ID card (or a library card) is required to check out any library materials.
Borrowing privileges are extended to:
- Norwich University students, faculty and staff
- Alumni of Norwich University
- Friends of Kreitzberg Library (FOKL members)
- Guests (non Norwich faculty, staff or student) living within a 50 mile radius of campus
Loan Periods (some may vary)
- Students: 45 days
- Staff: 45 days
- Alumni, FOKL Members, and Guests: 45 days
- Faculty: 90 days
For all patron groups:
- Videos: 45 days
- Popular Reading: 45 days
- Reserves: Vary (2 hours; 4 hours; 1 day; 5 days)
Hourly reserves are in-house only.
Lost Item Fees
- After an item is 30 days overdue, our system will automatically declare it "Lost" and charge a replacement fee ($50 minimum) to your account.
- Your borrowing privileges may be suspended if library materials are not returned.
Renewing Library Materials
You may request a renewal in person at the Circulation Desk, by phone at x2176, or by self-renewal via the Norwich University Library Catalog.
The following information must be provided for phone or in-person renewals:
- Your first and last name
- Titles of the items that you wish to renew
Note: Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan are not renewable. The Circulation Desk cannot perform this type of renewal. Contact the ILL department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call x2182 to renew these items.
Materials which can be checked out of the library:
- Books from the general collection
- Folios in the general collection
- Books from the Popular Reading collection
- Books from the Batra collection
- New books
- Government documents (excluding the US Code, and rare or valuable documents)
- Maps (excluding topographic maps)
- CD-ROMs (with some exceptions)
- Audio cassettes
Materials which may not be checked out of the library:
- Reference materials
- Microfiche or microfilm
- Special Collections materials
- Hourly reserve items (may be checked out but may not leave the library)
Requests for Items that are "Checked Out"
If an item that you found on the catalog has been checked out of the library, you may request at the Circulation Desk a "hold" or a "recall" on the item. You will be notified by telephone or by email when the item has returned. The library will hold the material at the Circulation Desk for 7 days before returning it to the shelves.
Requests for Items at Other Libraries
If you need an item that is not in our collection, you may request the item through Interlibary Loan. Requests must be made using the online form. Requests may take about 10 days to arrive, SO PLAN AHEAD!
Questions or comments about the library website? Please email email@example.com.