Request Materials for Purchase
- Christa Stook
The Kreitzberg Library is dedicated to collecting materials to meet the diverse educational and research needs of the Norwich University community. Faculty members are encouraged to help develop the library collection.
- Faculty/School Purchasing
- Requesting the Purchase of Periodicals
- Suggesting the Purchase of Non-Academic Books and Videos
Faculty members using their school allotment are requested to do the following:
- Each department has a library liaison in the Kreitzberg Library. The liaisons can help you with the ordering process and with finding information regarding titles you may wish to order. Submit orders directly to your library liaison.
- If you are ordering from a publisher's catalog or from CHOICE cards, please send them along with your order. They can be returned if so requested. It is suggested that you keep a copy or list of the titles that you have ordered.
- When the material arrives, it is processed by the Cataloging Department, then placed on the New Book Shelf in the Reference area for browsing and/or checking out. After several weeks, the material will be moved to its appropriate location within the library collection. The online public access catalog will designate where the material is shelved, its call number, and/or any special designations.
- If you have asked to be notified when the material arrives, you will be contacted, and the material will be held for you at the Circulation Desk.
- Please place your orders well in advance of when you need the materials. Some titles may take months to receive. Faculty members are encouraged to get the bulk of their requests in before the Fall and Spring Semesters so the library may provide the materials in a timely manner.
- Faculty members should consider book ordering as an ongoing process by submitting orders throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please contact the Acquisitions Department (x2070) or one of the library liaisons.
Requesting the Purchase of Periodicals
Periodical requests should be sent to the relevant school library liaison for review, in accordance with the Collection Development Policy. To determine who the library liaison for your school is, please consult this list. Requests for new periodical subscriptions do not go through the Acquisitions Department.
Suggesting the Purchase of Non-Academic Books and Videos
Questions or comments about the library website? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.