Norwich University began its Honors Program in the 2011–2012 academic year.
The Honors Program supports an enriched academic experience for selected outstanding students. The program provides a framework for exploration of the complexity of the world’s most challenging problems through an applied experiential learning process.
The program offers an academic experience encompassing the following core elements:
- Customized opportunities for enhanced academic growth
- Learning community of like-minded peers
- One-on-one faculty mentorship over participant’s tenure in the program
- Individualized hands-on research experience
- Prestigious Honors Designation upon graduation
In addition to the Honors Program, Norwich University recognizes academic excellence in many ways, including a variety of awards presented to outstanding students at convocation and graduation ceremonies. Many discipline-specific Honors Societies maintain active chapters on campus, providing students with further academic growth and recognition opportunities.