Administrative Manual / Policies Reviewed and Approved: February 2011
Memorandum 23 - Facilities Operations Charge Back Policy
This policy covers the cost of services provided to various departments for services that are not considered routine Facilities Operations responsibilities.
- Nonchargeable Items: setups for opening convocations, Awards Ceremony, Honors Convocation, Baccalaureate and Commissioning Ceremonies, Commencement and routine Corp of Cadets parades.
- Chargeable Items:
- Program-related changes that are not due to routine, general maintenance, e.g., office/classroom modifications.
- Work performed strictly for cosmetic reasons, e.g., painting for color change versus routine cycle painting.
- Moving of personal items.
- All projects funded through the capital budget.
- All transportation. Rates are available from the Transportation Office Ext. 2149.
- Purchase of and/or building of furniture. The purchase of furniture other than for classrooms and student rooms is charged to a department's budget.
- All setups other than those noted in paragraph A.
Facilities Operations is responsible for processing departmental charges.
- Setups: a minimum of 72 hours notice for each setup is required.
- This includes setups for food/beverage requirements. Failure to provide 72 hours notice will result in doubling of the labor charge-back rate. Exceptions for emergencies may be granted by the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Charge-Back Rate: there will be one charge-back rate for work performed during regular hours and another rate for work performed during non-regular (overtime) hours. These rates are set annually.
- Materials and Supplies: all materials and supplies required to support activities will be charged back at cost.
- Facilities Operations: Ext. 2149