Emergency Notification System
Don’t miss important emergency messages
Norwich University uses an Emergency Notification System to inform the Norwich community in the event of an emergency. When utilized, messages are sent by email to all students, faculty and staff with details about what is happening and how to react safely.
All members of the Norwich community are automatically entered into the system with their official NU email address. By updating Banner Web, Norwich’s information database, you can specify additional email addresses and phone numbers where you would like the message sent. The additional contact information can be your own, non-NU email address and phone number, or those of your parents, spouse or other important contacts. You can also opt to receive a text message.
Updating your Banner contact information
- Visit my.norwich.edu (opens in new window). On the homepage, click the Banner Web tab in the horizontal menu at the top of the page and log in by entering your network username and password, or your “A” number and PIN.
- Click on the “Personal Information” link.
For voicemail and text-message alerts
- Click the “Update Addresses and Phones” link.
- Scroll down to “Emergency Notification” and click the “Primary” link.
- Under “Phone Type,” use the drop-down menu to select from the list of options. These might include “Norwich Office/Dorm,” “Parents,” or “Cellular Phone Number.”
- Type in the phone number. (Note: “Cellular Phone Number” and “Norwich Mobile” are the only options for receiving text messages.)
- Click “Submit.”
- Click the “Personal Information” tab to add email addresses.
For additional email alerts (Two are permitted)
- Next to “Type of E-mail to Insert,” use the drop-down menu to select “Alternative Emergency Notification E-mail,” or “Alternative Emergency Notification E-Mail (secondary).”
- Click “Submit”
- Type in the email address.
- Click “Submit”